Saturday, October 04, 2008

What More Do You Want?

"What more was there to do for my vineyard that I had not done?" (Is 5:4a) This is also the Lord's question to Israel in Micah 6:3 when He laments: "O my people, what have I done to you? In what have I wearied you? Answer me!"

If there is anything else which the Lord has not done for His people and Israel asks for it, the Lord is willing to do it, if only to strengthen their covenant relationship. But we know the answer, the Lord has done His part. He has chosen Israel, He has freed them from Egypt, brought them to the Promised Land, defended them from their enemies and the list goes on.

The Lord has done everything, while Israel has done... nothing. Instead, they killed the prophets and the rest of God's messengers. Even the Son has not been spared by their envy and greed.

indeed,="">

No comments: